All Specialised Movers’ vehicles are
- owned rather than leased and are all regularly serviced by an approved maintenance contractor;
- pantechnicons on air-ride suspension;
- fully liveried for specialist removals work, fully equipped with a high level of protective materials from transit blankets, site protection and webbing to secure effects from movement;
- fully alarmed and locked when loaded and bear the Specialised Movers’ colours and signage for increased security and identity;
- Euro 4 specification (using 10% less diesel fuel used than a similar Euro Class 2 engine). We are also trialling bio-fuels to help reduce our carbon emissions.
The picture above illustrates our high reach tail-lift vehicle.
- 17t vehicles “draw bars” connecting to a large trailer for maximum capacity of 3600cuft.
- 7.5t Pantechnicons, fully equipped with tail-lifts and container loading facilities.
- 26t Lorry-mounted, remotely controlled crane (used primarily for moving safes and machines).
- 35cwt removals vehicle which is ideal for tight accesses and smaller operations – with full removals livery.
- Long-wheel base transit vans – fully liveried.
- Crew Mini-Bus, which is ideal for transporting crews (9 x staff) economically to site.
- Safe Technology vehicle (equipped with specialist equipment for dealing with safes).
- Environmentally Friendly Electrically Powered Vehicles
This will give a massive 38% saving on fuel, and 40% reduction on Co2 emissions. We evaluated the capital expenditure against running cost, and our saving was far greater than the cost of this environmentally friendly vehicle. Added to this is the “Lightfoot system” – this monitors the driver’s performance and reports “bad” driving, informing them of uneconomical driving and issues 2 warnings, on the 3rd warning this is reported back to the office by GPS, once again another way of reducing our carbon footprint.
In addition to liveried vehicles, all our staff are also uniformed and additionally carry personal photo ID for secure, personnel authentication (please see our Security Policy section for more information).
We have the following vehicle types to ensure that transit of your assets are undertaken as quickly and safely as possible:
- Articulated vehicles and trailers, complete with container loading facilities
- 17t Pantechnicons, fully equipped with tail-lift.
Machinery & Moving Equipment
All our machinery and moving equipment adheres to or exceeds current industry-standards in order to ensure that:
- all removal/relocation contracts are undertaken safely but quickly (and with minimum noise and disruption)
- your valuable assets are transported in the most safe and secure manner
- our removals staff are not exposed to any health and safety issues through incorrect handling and lifting techniques
Specialised Movers regularly invest in new, up-to-date equipment to ensure that our exemplary Health and Safety record remains intact.
Our qualified removals staff utilise the following special moving equipment to ensure their, and your assets’ safety – click on the equipment headings below for more information: